The end of a relationship is likely to have financial implications. This may include the division of assets, income and child maintenance contributions. Our family solicitors are experienced in resolving financial settlements between divorced and separated couples and will work to achieve the best possible outcome in each case. Our solicitors will discuss the different ways of reaching agreement such as mediation and round table meetings but if necessary you can be assured our solicitors are experienced in litigation and court advocacy.
The law is very flexible on the division of assets and what is considered a fair outcome can depend on a number of factors, such as:
- The needs of any children
- Available capital, income and other financial resources
- Financial needs, obligations and responsibilities
- The ages of each spouse and length of the marriage
- The standard of living enjoyed before the breakdown of the marriage
- Any physical or mental disability
- Bad behaviour or conduct if extreme
- Loss of pension benefits
To speak to a family solicitors click here or call us on 01457 859123.