Our family solicitors are able to deal with all aspects of divorce and will ensure that proceedings are dealt with promptly and as efficiently as possible. Our solicitors also recognise that this is a very emotional time and as such treat each case with the sensitivity and care it requires.
Divorce does not always have to be an immediate option. Some couples resolve their differences by way of a separation agreement drafted to help parties resolve their financial matters prior to the issue of divorce proceedings. Our family solicitors are able to provide advice on this option.
The only ground for divorce is that the marriage has irretrievably broken down. A divorce will only be granted if at least one of the 5 facts laid down by law is established. The 5 facts are:
- Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live with them
- Your spouse has behaved in such a way that it would be unreasonable to expect you to continue living together
- You have lived apart for two years or more and you both agree to there being a divorce
- Your spouse has deserted you for a period of two years or more
- You have lived apart for five years or more – a divorce can be secured whether your husband or wife agrees to there being a divorce or not.
Contact us to discuss your particular requirements and to find out more about of competitive fixed fees.
To speak to one of our family solicitors, please call us on 01457 859123 for further advice.