If licensing is integral to your business then Bakers are the solicitors to progress this on your behalf.
Whether you want to apply for a Premises Licence, defend a review application or investigate gambling opportunities under the new gambling legislation, Bakers Solicitors has the knowledge and expertise to make this happen.
Our resident specialist Tony Dales will advise you on all aspects of licensing matters, from liquor licensing to starting a taxi business. Bakers will guide you through the licensing applications, complete and submit your documentation and where necessary, represent you both at Local Authority and Magistrate Court hearings.
We can provide training and examination qualifications to the BIIAB national standard for personal licenses and responsible alcohol retailing.
We provide training and support to staff working in the licensing trade together with a range of supportive materials recognised by Trading Standards as best practice when selling age restricted items. By using our services, we will help you to obtain the necessary license and support and train you in the running of your business.
Bakers Solicitors Services include:-
- BIIAB Training and Qualification – regular training courses leading to Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licenses and Level 1 National Certificate in Responsible Retailing.
- Licensing Applications and Variations – Process and submit applications for Personal Licenses, Premises Licenses and Designated Premises Supervisors.
- On going Training and Support – To licenses premises’ supervisors and staff.
- Provision of Support Material – Recognised by all Trading Standards Authorities to prevent and deter non compliance of Licensing Legislation.
- Representation at
- Local Authority Licensing Review hearings
- Magistrate Court Appeal hearings
- Court when facing Licensing Offences
The types of license the firm deal with include :-
- Liquor licensing
- Application for PSV or HGV Operators License
- Hackney Carriage
- Private Hire Vehicle license
- Incidents where there is an applications to remove, suspend or review a license
- Animal Boarding Establishments
- Car Boot Sale License
- Caravans and Camping Sites
- Collections for Charity
- Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condenser Notification
- Dangerous Wild Animals
- Dog Breeding
- Door Supervisors Registration
- Explosives License and Fireworks Registration
- Food Premises Registration
- Gambling Act 2005 – Lotteries Registration
- Hairdressers and Barbers Registration
- Minibus Permit
- Motor Salvage Operators’ License
- Nursing Agency Registration and Social Care Inspections
- Offices, Shops and Railway Premises Notification
- Performing Animals
- Pet Shops
- Riding Schools
- Scrap Metal Dealers Registration
- Second-hand goods Dealer Registration
- Sex Shop License
- Skin and Ear Piercing, Tattooists and Electrolysis
- Street Trading (including Food Hawkers and Mobile Snack Bars)
- Sunday Trading
- Taxi Licensing
- Taxi Ranks